For anyone who wants to be a featured act at this event, here’s what you need to know:
- The time allotted is 8:45-9:30 pm, give or take fifteen minutes. I try to get everyone out of the stage area by 8:35 so we have a few minutes to get you settled.
- ACOUSTIC GUITARS ONLY, PLEASE! We consider jazz guitars to be electric. That said, people have said that ours is the most electrified acoustic open mic anywhere… we have an electric keyboard, and we allow bass players to bring electric basses, but all the guitars must be acoustic… we will make you sound good and get the volume up above any other instruments.
- Your pay is the fun factor of a listening and eager audience, collaboration with other great musicians, and a couple of drinks. I wish I could do more, but, alas….
- It would be nice if you would show up as close to 7:30 as possible and stay as late as possible to listen to some of the other acts.
- I love it when featured act participants stay on and collaborate with the other musicians there.
- Here’s all the stuff we have on hand for you: Don Briggs from dB AUDIO with all his PA equipment (up to five vocal microphones and two instrument microphones for those who don’t have pick ups in their guitars, ukuleles, etc.) , a drum kit, a bass amp, a Yamaha P90 electric keyboard, and I’m even willing to share my Larrivée acoustic guitar with you.
Please send me photos and write ups of your act so I can use them to promote you on Facebook, via my mailing list, and, when possible, the local papers.